Training Contracts: Reading, Writing and Negotiating
Contracts are an essential element in any successful business or organisation. This highly interactive course will increase your understanding of contracts and your ability to use contracts to protect your organisation. Whether you are in purchasing, contract management, subcontracts, project management, general management or sales, you are constantly involved with contracts.
Negotiating contracts can be difficult without the proper knowledge and this course will explain the latest cutting edge techniques required in order for you to consider and negotiate contracts with confidence. There will be particular focus on using the latest best practice.
- Explain the main principles of contract techniques
- Illustrate the main terms and conditions of a contract and how to use them effectively
- Point out how contract clauses can be used to mitigate risk
- Develop ability to draft, negotiate and amend contracts
- Extend knowledge of the most effective and commercial ways to resolve disputes
Who Should attend?
- Contract Professionals
- Project Engineers and Project Professionals, including Project Managers
- Claims Personnel, including legal advisers
- Business Audit Officers
- Contract Strategists
- Commercial Professionals
- Quantity Surveyors
- Purchasing Officers & Personnel
- Supply Professionals
How and why contracts are drafted?
- The key elements of a contract
- Oral or written contract?
- Electronic contracts – the rise of popularity
- Terms and Conditions of contract
- Agency issues – the dangers
- The structure of a contract
- Incorporating documents by reference – why do we do this?
- Standard Forms – International and Company – the risks
- Form of Agreement – what is it?
- Precedence of documents – Special Conditions
Main Contract Clauses
- Obligation to deliver/perform
- Risk of Damage
- Title – why it is important
- Compliance with law/change of law
- Indemnities – knock for knock
- Insurance – the risks
- Third parties – why they are important
- Liability in negligence – relationship with contract
Main Contract Clauses – continued
- How to deal with variations and changes and protect your organisation
- Defective goods and work – how to deal with it
- Intellectual property – what is it?
- Suspension and termination – the risks
- Acceptance and Certificates
- Payment – the problems and issues
- Liquidated damages/penalties – the dangers
- Limits of liability
- Which law to apply in international contracts
- Incorporating tender documents
- Letters of Intent or Award – the dangers
- Letters of Comfort or Awareness – what are they?
- Bank bonds and Guarantees and associated risk issues
- Parent Company Guarantees – are they worth it?
- Clarity of language
- Terms and conditions
Negotiation and Resolution of Disputes
- Contract negotiation techniques – what should we do?
- Dispute Resolution clauses – what are they?
- Compromise and settlement
- Arbitration – what is it?
- New methods of resolving disputes
- Mediation – would you use it?
- Early Neutral Evaluation
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training ( Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami
- Pelatihan ini dapat di-customized sesuai kebutuhan perusahaan Anda bila diselenggarakan dalam bentuk In-House Training. Untuk permintaan In-House Training dengan jenis topik lainya, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum di web kami.
- Request Training. Jika anda membutuhkan informasi pelatihan yang belum tercantum pada website ini, atau anda ingin memberikan usulan materi yang sesuai dengan tingkat kebutuhan perusahaan anda, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum.
- Bila tidak ada tanggal dan waktu atau yang tercantum sudah kadaluarsa didalam artikel mohon tanyakan kepada kami untuk jadwal terbarunya.